Dilly Onion Bread Recipe
"I adapted a recipe for herb bread to come up with this flavorful version that's become one of our favorites," writes LeAne Swanson Chab of Palmdale, California. "My bread machine makes a smaller size loaf, which is perfect for my husband and me."
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 77 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC