"I adapted a recipe for herb bread to come up with this flavorful version that's become one of our favorites," writes LeAne Swanson Chab of Palmdale, California. "My bread machine makes a smaller size loaf, which is perfect for my husband and me."
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Dilly Onion Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p21
Reviews for Dilly Onion Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2011
"I love this bread! It is so good. This is my favorite bread to make tomato sandwiches on in the summer."