Dilly Egg Salad
"I like to serve this sandwich filling on bread that has been spread with Dijon mustard topped with lettuce and cheese," writes Phyllis Jarvinen, Webster, North Carolina. "With a side of chips and a sliced apple, it's one of my favorite lunches."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, celery, relish,
- mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Spread 2/3 cup on two slices
- of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.