Dilly Deviled Eggs
Everyone loves the classic deviled egg but this recipe add something extra special which your family will love! The dill enhances the wonderful taste of these eggs.American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small cucumber, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Fresh dill and/or parsley, optional
- Combine cucumber and salt; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain well and
- squeeze out excess liquid; set aside. Slice eggs in half lengthwise;
- remove yolks and set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks; stir in
- sour cream and dill weed. Add cucumber. Evenly fill the egg whites.
- Garnish with dill and/or parsley if desired. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.