Dilly Cucumber Salad
In England, where I was born and raised, friends get together twice a year for English tea. We'd serve an assortment of dishes, and this cucumber salad was always a favorite.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, water, dill and
- salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Place
- cucumbers in a large bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over and toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard vinegar mixture. Stir sour cream into cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.