Dilly Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
One year, when St. Patrick's Day was coming near, I knew what would happen if I served plain cabbage again—the kids would all take one look and go "yuck"! So I decided to try this recipe. It's now become more or less a family tradition for us come every March 17. In fact, my husband (we're the parents of four and grandparents of five) likes it so much I fix it for him year-round. Friends enjoy it a great deal, too—it makes a great-looking platter!
- 1 corned beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 medium head cabbage (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. Place brisket with its seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; add enough water to cover. Cover and simmer 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Remove the brisket and place on a broiling pan; reserve cooking liquid in Dutch oven. Combine the honey and 1 teaspoon mustard; brush half over meat.
- 2. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Brush with the remaining honey mixture; broil 2 minutes more or until glazed. Meanwhile, cut cabbage into eight wedges; simmer in cooking liquid for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Combine butter, dill and remaining mustard; serve with cabbage wedges and sliced corned beef. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Corned Beef and Cabbage
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC