Dilly Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 corned beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 medium head cabbage (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place brisket with its seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; add enough water to cover. Cover and simmer 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Remove the brisket and place on a broiling pan; reserve cooking liquid in Dutch oven. Combine the honey and 1 teaspoon mustard; brush half over meat.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Brush with the remaining honey mixture; broil 2 minutes more or until glazed. Meanwhile, cut cabbage into eight wedges; simmer in cooking liquid for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Combine butter, dill and remaining mustard; serve with cabbage wedges and sliced corned beef. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Corned Beef and Cabbage
Sort By :
"This was very good and even the kids loved it. Lots of flavor in both meat and cabbage which isn't easy to do. I cut the cabbage to half and it was plenty for the 3 pound brisket."
"I was looking for something a little different but still a meal for St. Patrick's Day..... this was awesome!!!! I will be making this often, we all loved it. As someone else suggested I added carrots. Thanks for sharing!!!!!"
"GREAT glaze with the honey and mustard, and the sauce for the cabbage was equally as good! Family like it. Will definitely make again!"
"I found this recipe a few years ago and I just love it! If you looking to do something different for St. Patty's Day then this is it! It's a keeper!!!!"
"This briscuit along with Irish Soda Bread made a very good meal. I added 1/2 cup apple juice to the cooking liquid and added baby carrots along with the cabbage wedges to the cooking liquid. I have one question. Should I have placed the meat fat side up or down in the Dutch Oven? Thanks for your input."