Dilly Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 corned beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 medium head cabbage (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place brisket with its seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; add enough water to cover. Cover and simmer 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Remove the brisket and place on a broiling pan; reserve cooking liquid in Dutch oven. Combine the honey and 1 teaspoon mustard; brush half over meat.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Brush with the remaining honey mixture; broil 2 minutes more or until glazed. Meanwhile, cut cabbage into eight wedges; simmer in cooking liquid for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Combine butter, dill and remaining mustard; serve with cabbage wedges and sliced corned beef. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Corned Beef and Cabbage(8)
Sort By :
I was looking for something a little different but still a meal for St. Patrick's Day..... this was awesome!!!! I will be making this often, we all loved it. As someone else suggested I added carrots. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
GREAT glaze with the honey and mustard, and the sauce for the cabbage was equally as good! Family like it. Will definitely make again!
I found this recipe a few years ago and I just love it! If you looking to do something different for St. Patty's Day then this is it! It's a keeper!!!!
This briscuit along with Irish Soda Bread made a very good meal. I added 1/2 cup apple juice to the cooking liquid and added baby carrots along with the cabbage wedges to the cooking liquid. I have one question. Should I have placed the meat fat side up or down in the Dutch Oven? Thanks for your input.
Very tasty. The glaze is a great addition. I definitely won't be waiting until St. Patty's Day next year to make this.
More Recipe Collections
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >