When I took this coleslaw to a church function, I came home with an empty bowl! You can easily double the recipe for a larger group. It’s not your typical slaw—with chopped dill pickles and a sweet-tart dressing featuring pickle juice.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pickles and onion. In a small
- bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 175 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.