When I took this coleslaw to a church function, I came home with an empty bowl! You can easily double the recipe for a larger group. It’s not your typical slaw—with chopped dill pickles and a sweet-tart dressing featuring pickle juice.
Recommended: All-American Recipes for Your Memorial Day Cookout
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pickles and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Coleslaw in Country Extra January 2006, p49
Reviews for Dilly Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2010
"Since I love dill pickles and always have them at hand, I made this recipe for a family bbq. Everyone loved the coleslaw, even my 8 year old niece. The only suggestion I could possibly have is to add more pickles, since I love them!!!"