Dilly Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
A creamy lemon-dill spread adds summery flavor to tender chicken served between slices of grilled French bread. "People who have tried this sandwich say it's 'to die for'," reports Orien Major of Hinton, Alberta.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and dill in 3 tablespoons butter for 1 minute; Add chicken; cook over medium heat until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter. In a large skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining dill; spread on one side of grilled bread. Place lettuce, chicken and tomato on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 595 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,015 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC