Dilly Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and dill in 3 tablespoons butter for 1 minute; Add chicken; cook over medium heat until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter. In a large skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining dill; spread on one side of grilled bread. Place lettuce, chicken and tomato on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 595 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,015 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.