- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and dill in 3 tablespoons butter for 1 minute; Add chicken; cook over medium heat until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter. In a large skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining dill; spread on one side of grilled bread. Place lettuce, chicken and tomato on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dilly Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
These are amazing sandwiches. The flavor is delicious and they are fairly simple to prepare. I will definitely make this again- they so delicious!
didn't have french bread, so used pita bread. even without the grilled cruch, this was fantastic! will definately make again.
A favorite with my family especially my teenage sons. My oldest asked for the recipe when he moved out on his own.
This was awesome... my husband and I will definitely make this one again!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Condiments >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >