When our sons were growing up, sitting around the table and enjoying good meals like this was a family pastime. That traditional continues whenever they come to visit.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 pound new potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken and potatoes in oil for 10-15 minutes. Remove chicken and potatoes; set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. To drippings, add cream, salt and pepper; stir to mix. Return chicken and potatoes to skillet. Sprinkle with onions and dill. Cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and potatoes to a serving platter; keep warm. Add sour cream to pan; stir to mix and heat through. Serve with chicken and potatoes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Chicken and Potatoes in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dilly Chicken and Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review