Dilly Cheese Soup Recipe
My grandkids will tell you they can't stop with just one bowl of this simple satisfying soup. Even the youngest ones beg me to make it! It's been a family favorite for over 50 years now.
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 to 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the cheese and sour cream; heat and stir just until cheese is melted (do not boil). Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 307 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Dilly Cheese Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC