- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 egg whites
- 24 cubes French bread (1-inch cubes)
- Line a baking pan with waxed paper; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cheese mixture. Using a fork, dip bread cubes into cheese mixture and place on prepared pan. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. Transfer to a freezer bag; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen appetizers: Arrange bread cubes 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Dilly Cheddar Cubes in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p53
Reviews for Dilly Cheddar Cubes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review