Dilly Casserole Bread Recipe
I got this recipe from a church cookbook years ago and I've used it ever since. I've added a few touches of my own to it. This bread is the favorite of our grandchildren, and we always take some when we go to visit them.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Soften yeast in water; set aside. In bowl combine cottage cheese, sugar, onion, butter, dill seed, salt, soda and egg. Mix until blended. Stir in yeast. Gradually add flour to form stiff dough. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 1 hour.
- 2. Stir down dough. Turn into well-greased 8-in. round baking dish, about 1- to 1-1/2-qt. size. Let rise for 30-40 minutes. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes. Brush with additional butter. Cut in wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 181 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Dilly Casserole Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC