Dilly Broccoli Salad
Since we're retired, we travel out of state in summer to visit our children and grandchildren. But we're here all winter long while plenty of broccoli is in the fields. This is one of our favorite recipes.—Jean Gaines, Bullhead City, Arizona
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli and cauliflower; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, dill and salt; mix well. Pour
- over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 286 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.