Dilly Bread Ring Recipe
I made this bread when my boyfriend came to meet my family for the first time. It obviously made an impression on him because we eventually got married! This batter bread requires no kneading, so even novice bakers will find it easy. —Natercia Yailaian, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, seasonings and 3 cups flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Stir dough down. Spoon into a greased 10-in. tube or fluted tube pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC