Dilly Bread Ring Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, seasonings and 3 cups flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Stir dough down. Spoon into a greased 10-in. tube or fluted tube pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Dilly Bread Ring(1)
Sort By :
We grow our own dill and dry it. My husband always request this bread when he smells the dill drying. We love this bread and it is easy to prepare. The first time I made it, I forgot the salt. I won't make that mistake again! It was very bland even with all the other flavors. Made by the recipe, this bread has a great flavor.