Dilly Biscuit Squares Recipe
My husband grew up in the South, where biscuits are practically daily fare. So early in our marriage, I began adding variety to this ordinary quick bread. These biscuit squares are good with seafood, beef and pasta dishes. —Lorene Corbett, Ringgold, Nebraska
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- DILL BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in the cheese. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a 3/4-in.-thick square. Cut into 12 squares. Place 1/8 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Combine dill butter ingredients; brush over hot biscuits. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Dilly Biscuit Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC