Dilly Biscuit Squares Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- DILL BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in the cheese. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a 3/4-in.-thick square. Cut into 12 squares. Place 1/8 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Combine dill butter ingredients; brush over hot biscuits. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Dilly Biscuit Squares
Sort By :
Very yummy!!! :P I did brush them twice with the dill butter for a little more flavor but aside from that I made them exactly as recipie states. These will go well for that little added something at family dinners.
These were very good. Next time I'll use butter instead of shortening for better flavor.
Rich in flavor - great with soup!