Dilly Beef Sandwiches
"My younger sister, Jean, shared this recipe, which puts a twist of the traditional barbecue sandwich," writes Donna Blankenheim of Madison, Wisconsin. "As a busy mother of four, Jean never has much time to cook, but she does like to entertain. This crowd-pleaser, made in a convenient slow cooker, is perfect for our large family gatherings."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours + cooling
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) whole dill pickles, undrained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add pickles with
- juice, chili sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours
- or until beef is tender.
- Discard pickles. Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred the
- meat. Return to the slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted
- spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup meat mixture. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.