"My younger sister, Jean, shared this recipe, which puts a twist of the traditional barbecue sandwich," writes Donna Blankenheim of Madison, Wisconsin. "As a busy mother of four, Jean never has much time to cook, but she does like to entertain. This crowd-pleaser, made in a convenient slow cooker, is perfect for our large family gatherings."
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) whole dill pickles, undrained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add pickles with juice, chili sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard pickles. Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat. Return to the slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup meat mixture. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p8
Reviews for Dilly Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review