Dilly Beef Sandwiches Recipe
"My younger sister, Jean, shared this recipe, which puts a twist of the traditional barbecue sandwich," writes Donna Blankenheim of Madison, Wisconsin. "As a busy mother of four, Jean never has much time to cook, but she does like to entertain. This crowd-pleaser, made in a convenient slow cooker, is perfect for our large family gatherings."
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) whole dill pickles, undrained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add pickles with juice, chili sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard pickles. Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat. Return to the slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup meat mixture. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p8
Reviews for Dilly Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2013
Very good and so easy.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2012
My soon to be mother in law made these, and it was spectacular!!!
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2011
Just plain delicious.
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2011
I love these!!!
Reviewed May. 31, 2009
This was amazingly good. I can't even eat dill pickles normally. My husband rates this as the best way to eat shredded beef.