Dilly Bean Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 pounds red potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 dill pickles, sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Celery salt and seasoned salt to taste
- Place 1 in. of water and beans in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices; transfer to a large bowl. Add the onions, celery, pickles, dill, parsley and garlic.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over potato mixture. Add beans; gently toss. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Bean Potato Salad
Sort By :
Good - no mayo YAY!
I was skeptical about this recipe because of the strange mixture of ingredients, but I needed a potato salad recipe without mayo so I decided to give it a shot. It was absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it and I will definitely be making it again. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This Dilly Bean Potaot Salad is now one that my church requests I make for our summer carry-ins. It is a perfect recipe for a hot summer day. No eggs or mayo for spoilage. The taste is just awesome!