- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 pounds red potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 dill pickles, sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Celery salt and seasoned salt to taste
- Place 1 in. of water and beans in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices; transfer to a large bowl. Add the onions, celery, pickles, dill, parsley and garlic.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over potato mixture. Add beans; gently toss. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Bean Potato Salad
Sort By :
"These were very good! Nice and cheesy. I think they would go over very well at a barbecue and you could easily make several packets of you had a big crowd."
"what temp do I put the grill to?"
"What an awesome dish! My whole family loved it! The only things I did differently was make up 3 packets, because my aluminum foil was too narrow and also, we put in some water half way thru the cooking on the grill, so that they wouldn't burn. Easy clean up, too!"
"Another great recipe. Easy to make and delicious. As we do not have an outdoor grill, I made this in an 9X9 pan in a 400 F oven for about one hour."
"excellent great for everything as a side dish."