Dilly Barbecued Turkey
This is one of my brother-in-law's special cookout recipes. The onions, garlic and herbs in the marinade make a tasty, tender turkey, and the tempting aroma prompts the family to gather around the grill.
Sue Walker, Greentown, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 1 hour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey breast half with bone (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour half into a
- large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining yogurt.
- Drain and discard marinade from turkey. Grill turkey, covered, over
- medium-hot heat, basting often with reserved marinade, for 1 to
- 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with nonfat yogurt and without added salt) equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also 245 calories, 127 mg sodium,