This is one of my brother-in-law's special cookout recipes. The onions, garlic and herbs in the marinade make a tasty, tender turkey, and the tempting aroma prompts the family to gather around the grill. —Sue Walker, Greentown, Indiana
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey breast half with bone (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining yogurt.
- Drain and discard marinade from turkey. Grill turkey, covered, over medium-hot heat, basting often with reserved marinade, for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Barbecued Turkey in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p25
Reviews for Dilly Barbecued Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review