Dilly Asparagus Recipe
This makes a good cool vegetable on a hot day—it's long been in my recipe file, and we have Dilly Asparagus often. My husband and I farm ranch in central Texas. I enjoy cooking, especially when I'm trying out new recipes shared by friends or by other Country Woman subscribers. (I love CW!)
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- 2. Place asparagus in a shallow dish; pour marinade over asparagus. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours. To serve, remove asparagus and arrange on a platter; remove pimientos and onion from marinade with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over asparagus. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 85 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC