Dilly Asparagus Frittata
A frittata is an easy breakfast or brunch entree because there's no stirring or flipping like scrambled eggs and omelets require.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup cooked chopped asparagus
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter. In a large bowl, beat
- eggs. Stir in the asparagus, 3/4 cup of cheese, dill, salt and
- pepper. Pour into skillet. Cook, without stirring, over medium-low
- heat for 8 minutes.
- Removing from the heat; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at
- 425° for 6-8 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 470 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.