- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish; pour marinade over asparagus. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours. To serve, remove asparagus and arrange on a platter; remove pimientos and onion from marinade with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over asparagus. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Asparagus in Country Woman March/April 1991, p29
Reviews for Dilly Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2009
"This was excellent. I would make no changes. The asparagus was crisp and the dressing was perfect. It keeps very well for a number of days."