Dilled Wheat Bread Recipe
Jenny Witcraft of Cleveland, Ohio likes to serve this everyday bread with just about any meal, and especially with hearty soups and stews.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-3/4 pounds, 12 slices).
1 slice: 134 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Dilled Wheat Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC