Jenny Witcraft of Cleveland, Ohio likes to serve this everyday bread with just about any meal, and especially with hearty soups and stews.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-3/4 pounds, 12 slices).
Originally published as Dilled Wheat Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p43
Reviews for Dilled Wheat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review