Dilled Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed, sugar and pepper until smooth. Stir in the tuna, carrot and onion. Top each English muffin half with a lettuce leaf, cheese and 1/2 cup tuna mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 open-faced sandwich equals 182 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.