Dilled Summer Squash
You don't need salt to add a pinch of pizazz to summer squash. Shirley Antaya of Rab, Alabama shows you how to turn the garden favorite into a savory side with dill, onion, pepper and butter.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the squash, water and onion. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender; drain. Stir in butter, dill and pepper.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.