- 4 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the squash, water and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in butter, dill and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dilled Summer Squash
Sort By :
Made this tonight with zucchini & eight-ball squash in addition to yellow, and we enjoyed it very much! I also added some seasoned salt.
this is quick,easy, and very good. I make it often in the summer when yellow squash and dill are plentiful in the garden. I usually add a bit more dill. This is a recipe that even pleases family members who "don't like yellow squash"!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >