Dilled Stroganoff Recipe
In Penfield, Pennsylvania, Kathy Preiss uses baby portobello mushrooms and a hint of dill for a special touch in her creamy stroganoff. Served with whole wheat pasta, it makes a rich medley in no time.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the water, ketchup, dill, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta; serve with turkey mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Stroganoff in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Dilled Stroganoff(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >