Dilled Sole with Almonds
I make this attractive and delicious dish fairly often because I can have it ready in less than half an hour. Served with a fresh vegetable and simple cooked potatoes, we have a healthy meal. The seasonings blend for a nice flavor, and the fish remains moist.
-Bonnie Baumgardner, Sylva, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 sole fillets (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a shallow dish, combine the first three ingredients. Coat both
- sides of fillets with mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in the dill. Add
- fillets; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add almonds and remaining butter to the skillet; cook and stir for 4
- minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle over fish. Serve with
- lemon if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 346 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.