Dilled Shrimp with Angel Hair Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in shrimp and lemon juice; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir cream cheese and half-and-half until blended. Stir in dill and salt. Return shrimp mixture to the pan; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 369 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Dilled Shrimp with Angel Hair
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.