Dilled Shrimp with Angel Hair
“When I first made this,” writes Linda O'Brian of Girard Pennsylvania, “my husband was surprised it was a light recipe. We enjoy it often.” She adds, “Sometimes I add feta cheese; a small amount can really change the flavor.”
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp and lemon juice; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until
- shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir cream cheese and half-and-half
- until blended. Stir in dill and salt. Return shrimp mixture to the
- pan; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 369 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,