Dilled Shrimp with Angel Hair Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in shrimp and lemon juice; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir cream cheese and half-and-half until blended. Stir in dill and salt. Return shrimp mixture to the pan; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 369 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.