- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cooked and flaked
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 6 fresh dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended.
- For each omelet, in an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cup egg mixture into the pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup salmon, 1/2 cup cheese and 1 teaspoon snipped dill. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are nearly set.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Fold omelet in half; transfer to a plate. Top with 2 tablespoons creme fraiche and a dill sprig. Repeat for remaining omelets. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Dilled Salmon Omelets with Creme Fraiche
"For lower fat and cholesterol :Use one egg :one white ratio , 6 eggs and 6 egg whites in this recipe.-Even less “yolks” when Doctor or your Dietician suggest..Use 1% fat milk instead of full fat milk.Use pan spray onstead of butter.Use “Greek style yogurt” instead of Creme FraicheMade this way with no complaints, and happier arteries!Wonderful combination of flavors...A few fresh diced tomatoes in the filling change the taste to "garden fresh" and lowers the calorie count as well. (Different not better.)"
"I would definitely make this again, but not when my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. It is good though, and definitely a keeper."
"This says it is heart healthy but look at sat fats and cholestrial and calroies??? How can this be?Didn't make!!!! but sounds good"