This is one of our biggest hits on our menu. It has so much flavor with the dill and rich salmon that it will impress everyone at how fancy it is.—Nutmeg Country Inn, Susan Goodman, Wilmington, Vermont
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cooked and flaked
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 6 fresh dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended.
- For each omelet, in an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cup egg mixture into the pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup salmon, 1/2 cup cheese and 1 teaspoon snipped dill. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are nearly set.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Fold omelet in half; transfer to a plate. Top with 2 tablespoons creme fraiche and a dill sprig. Repeat for remaining omelets. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Salmon Omelets with Creme Fraiche in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Dilled Salmon Omelets with Creme Fraiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review