This dish complements fish nicely, and with just five ingredients, it's a snap to prepare.—Judie Anglen, Riverton, Wyoming
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- In a small saucepan, saute rice in butter until golden, stirring
- constantly. Add broth and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to
- low; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in
- dill. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with margarine and low-sodium broth) equals 253 calories, 137 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 41 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.