- 2 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon dill, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of roast. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add water and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining dill; stir in cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and browning sauce if desired; heat through. Serve beef and sour cream sauce with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Dilled Pot Roast
"This is delicious!"
"Very tender and made and excellent sauce. The only change I made was browning the meat before putting it in the crockpot."
"This pot roast was to die for, excellent recipe! My family absolutely loved it! I made it exactly as to what the recipe called for, would not change a thing!"
"My husband made this for a Sunday dinner and we were surprised at how good it was. We've made it a couple times since then."