Dilled Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1. Cut about five deep slits across top of roast. Combine seasonings; stuff some into the slits. Tie meat securely. Rub roast with remaining seasonings. Place in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. Remove roast from bag and place in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and meat is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 340 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 44 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.