Dilled Pork Roast
I'm always looking for different ways to dress up ordinary foods. Here dill nicely complements pork roasts.—Clara Sever, Vandling, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dill weed
- Cut about five deep slits across top of roast. Combine seasonings;
- stuff some into the slits. Tie meat securely. Rub roast with
- remaining seasonings. Place in a large resealable plastic bag and
- refrigerate overnight. Remove roast from bag and place in a greased
- roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170° and meat is tender. Let
- stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 340 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 44 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.