Dilled Pork Roast Recipe
I'm always looking for different ways to dress up ordinary foods. Here dill nicely complements pork roasts.—Clara Sever, Vandling, Pennsylvania
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1. Cut about five deep slits across top of roast. Combine seasonings; stuff some into the slits. Tie meat securely. Rub roast with remaining seasonings. Place in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. Remove roast from bag and place in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 170° and meat is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 340 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Dilled Pork Roast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC