- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dill weed
- Cut about five deep slits across top of roast. Combine seasonings; stuff some into the slits. Tie meat securely. Rub roast with remaining seasonings. Place in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. Remove roast from bag and place in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and meat is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Dilled Pork Roast
Sort By :
This is a very simple way to prepare any pork roast. I love the dill and garlic flavor, and it really enhances the pork.