Dilled Peas with Walnuts Recipe
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine peas and onion. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until peas are tender. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the butter, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 109 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Dilled Peas with Walnuts
"I would never have thought to add walnuts to peas but what a wonderful addition! This is a fast and easy way to dress up your veggies."