- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine peas and onion. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until peas are tender. Drain.
- Stir in the butter, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Peas with Walnuts in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p13
Reviews for Dilled Peas with Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2015
"I would never have thought to add walnuts to peas but what a wonderful addition! This is a fast and easy way to dress up your veggies."