“This simple yet delicious side dish is a family favorite,” says Kristen Johnson of Aloha, Oregon. Dill, onion and walnut dress up bright green peas without overpowering them.
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine peas and onion. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until peas are tender. Drain.
- Stir in the butter, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Peas with Walnuts in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p13
Reviews forDilled Peas with Walnuts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2015
"I would never have thought to add walnuts to peas but what a wonderful addition! This is a fast and easy way to dress up your veggies."