Dad will relish these treats. Serve them with dinner or give as a gift he can truly savor, advises reader Donna Torres of Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Sprinkle onions with dill seed. Layer in a wide-mouth pint jar. In a
- saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium
- heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over onions.
- Cover and refrigerate for 36 hours. Serve as a relish or on
- sandwiches. Yield: 2 cups.