Dilled Mashed Potatoes
Round out any meal with these delightful potatoes. Sandi Guettler of Bay City, Michigan adds a bit of cottage cheese to give it a creamy texture.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or
- until tender; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheeses, butter, dill and salt;
- beat until smooth and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Freeze option: Place cooled mashed potato mixture in a freezer container and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe bowl until heated through, stirring twice and adding a little milk or cream if necessary.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 147 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.