Dilled Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheeses, butter, dill and salt; beat until smooth and fluffy.
Freeze option: Place cooled mashed potato mixture in a freezer container and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe bowl until heated through, stirring twice and adding a little milk or cream if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 147 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Dilled Mashed Potatoes
"I didn't really care for these much. They were edible but not something I would make again."
"These were "denser" than the regular mashed potatos I usually make with milk. Good- my husband liked and I would make again. I didn't have shredded cheese so I used the same amount of Velveeta instead."