Dilled Ham on Rice Recipe
When expecting company, Debby Cole of Wolf Creek, Oregon fixes this main dish featuring ham in a comforting sauce seasoned with mustard and dill. "It makes a nice presentation with a tossed green salad, corn and dinner rolls," she relates.
- 4 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook ham in butter until lightly browned. Add celery, onion and mushrooms; saute until tender.
- 2. Combine the soup, milk, mustard and dill; add to the ham mixture. bring to a boil; reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 292 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,663 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC