When expecting company, Debby Cole of Wolf Creek, Oregon fixes this main dish featuring ham in a comforting sauce seasoned with mustard and dill. "It makes a nice presentation with a tossed green salad, corn and dinner rolls," she relates.
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
- 4 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook ham in butter until lightly browned. Add celery, onion and mushrooms; saute until tender.
- Combine the soup, milk, mustard and dill; add to the ham mixture. bring to a boil; reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Ham on Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p34
Reviews for Dilled Ham on Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2014
"very good and easy to prepare. Very satisfying and filling and I am a big eater."