Dilled Green Beans Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen cut green beans
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, green pepper, onion, bouillon and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the beans. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until beans are crisp-tender; drain. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 39 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.