Dilled Green Beans
"I serve this dish quite often," Nella says. "It tastes delicious with just about any meal, and it can easily be reheated in the microwave."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen cut green beans
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, green pepper, onion, bouillon
- and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5
- minutes. Add the beans. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or
- until beans are crisp-tender; drain. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 39 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.